Thursday, December 17, 2009

Poetry by Penelope

I heard from Mrs. Brown, Penelope's Teacher, that Penelope has been writing some really great poems. I asked Penelope about them and she showed me some of them that I would like to share.

To the Moon Mr. Toon

Oh, Mr. Toon, can I go to the moon?
Yes, I know the moon is so far from my room.
I guess I would make a mess.
But, Please Mr. Toon!
Oh, I see you say NO!

Many Things to Say.

One day I am here, and the next day I am over there.
I am hot. I am cold.
The lights flicker beneath my hold.
I stand on northing, while you stand on the landing.
The lights would not burn me, so you say.
I'm not hot or cold?
Well, you are wrong.
The colors pink and black look the same.
You will not say the word I much would love to say.
Water is like dry, dry dirt.

My Bathroom!

My I go to the bathroom now?
Oh, please can I go to the bathroom Mommy?
Well, now I don't need to.
Why you say?!
Well, me went pee pee on the floor!
And Mommy, I went #2 in your bed.
Ha, Ha, Ha, He, He, He, Ho, Ho, Ho!

(Untitled)

Falling, Falling, and Falling all over again.
I can not stop Falling, For I do not come to a stop.
Here I come down to the big black dewy hole.
Oh, now my days are poorly gone.

<3 :) love my mommy :) <3

Do you have a heart of the King?
Do you have the heart of the Queen?
And the Prince, and Princess?
Well then I love you my dear mommy!
And no matter what I will still love you!
Mommy I love you :) <3

Sleeping

Sleeping, sleeping, and sleeping.
I can not go to sleep.
When I sleep you would not see me up again.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful mind smart llittle angel

Anonymous said...

I agree- This little girl has such a powerful mind. With your help, her potential is endless. She has a bright future if she keeps on the road she is on. Keep strong!