Tuesday, September 15, 2009

New Image

Because Penelope has really been doing well overall the past few months, I have decided to "upgrade" our blogger background to something that reflects how things are going. We still have a ways to go, but things are definitely on their way up. Penelope can see it and now wants it. She no longer wants to give up, or harm herself. She struggles daily with her anxiety, her need to be in control, and how she handles the stressors in life. But we have made such progress, I'm decided to take us away from the dark and dangerous looking background - reflecting our dark and dangerous situation. I know it wasn't uplifting, but it was honest. It was probably the darkest period of my life, and for Penelope, it was probably one of the hardest periods of her life. I can't imagine how it compares to her years of neglect and abuse.. so I'm not going to try. But we are on the better end of that. She gets stronger all the time, and I believe she will be a better person for it.

Here is the old background:

No comments: