Monday, March 29, 2010

Best Papaw In The World Award

Papaw (my Dad) is the Best in the World. Besides the fact he bought me a car yesterday... it's old and all that but hello! he didn't have to do that. Since I took Penelope in my parents "loaned" me a car to use for the last 4 1/2 years. My dad has had a company car forever. When he was laid off, they let him drive it for about a month before they came to collect. Well, they came last week. So he and my mom have been going car shopping here and there. Whatever he decided on, I would get and he would take back thier SUV. This is fine with me, because it's a gas hog. They found some options on Saturday and my dad, Penelope and I went shopping on Sunday. We didn't think we were going to find anything better but then we came across a 2004 Toyota Matrix. He got it for $1,000 less than the best car they found, which would have been great. The CarFax report was even better than the other car.
But even better.. he took Penelope to her 12 year old check up. Because I had to work, I made a list of everything he needed to know, meds, issues, etc. On that list I put the information about her menstrual cycle. I also put on the list how, when appropriate, we want to put Penelope on birth control and to find out options.
Is that like asking your dad to go to the store and buy you a box of tampons or maxi pads? It's got to be up there.
These of course are not the only reason he is the BEST, but what he's done these past two days that continues to qualify him for the Award. He's the best.

No comments: