Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Criminal Charge

I finally heard from the detective regarding Penelope sexually abusing her cousins. Because CPS has closed the case, the DA has decided to press charges against Penelope. They want her case to remain open so she can be monitored to assure that she is getting the treatment she needs. The detective wanted to know if I had spoken to my brother, the father of the victims. I said "Yeah I talk to him all the time. I just left his house after watching his kids all day and on my way to go get Penelope from school. He's on his way to get their hair cut." He was like "Oh.." Yes, we have a strong family relationship. Hello, we shared a womb for 9 months. And I adore my niece and nephew. We had a blast. I always thank them for letting me play with them. The sad part is when they hound me about when Penelope can come over and play. "Where's Penelope?" "At school" "Can you go get her and bring her here?" "No, I can not." "Why?" "When?" They have been told that she has to learn how to play right with other kids. That is what their parents say and I just reiterate it. I don't tell them differently. I wonder how long it takes for them to forget her.
So, today Penelope has a busy schedule. She has school until 3:15, Girls on the Run until 4:45, go get "arrested" at 5:30 and a Choir Concert for school at 7:00. She doesn't know about the Police Station thing. I told her this morning we had an appointment after GOTR but I tried to stay vague about it. I know it's going to be hard for her and she may have to miss her Concert.
I have an interview tomorrow morning that my cousin set up with his company. It's selling burial plots, caskets and stuff. Yeah....... He set up an interview for my twin brother also. My dad was layed off this past Friday from his job and my cousin said he'll be able to get an interview for him too. They just bought a large "untapped" as he put it, cemetery about 15 minutes from my house and they are hiring several sales reps. We will see. Hey, it might make it so I can save my house. Still in that window I've been told.
But at any rate, I will have to have my mom here in case Penelope needs to stay/come home so I don't miss my job interview.

2 comments:

Carissa said...

I am so sorry about everything that is going on with you right now. I am sure that being arrested today was a little bit of a draw back for her, I hope not though. I see a lot of my bugs when I read about Penelope.

I know lately for Bugs she has a journal that she has to write in every night and she can pick from 5 sentence starters when she writes. They are I am so mad... I am happy that I...I with I had.. and I don't remember the other 2 right now. She seems to like it a lot. She only has to write the one sentence and that is it but a lot of times she chooses to write more. It stays in her room and is not allowed to go anywhere else. We have implemented a lot of new things with her. If she doesn't take a shower, than she has to go to bed at 7 when she is suppose to take her shower and have made a master schedule for her day. I will have to take a couple of pictures and what not so you can see. I am sure it is a lot different since she is older though to.

I wish that never would have happened with your neice and nephew. That is something I could never ever in my life wish on someone let alone it is so hard on you. It is never anything that you did, it is something that she doesn't understand and will hopefully overtime and with some one on one counseling will work out over time.

We did the intensive in home and will be doing it again soon. It was nice, you are in your own element and can invite your other family members to be present if you choose. It helps a lot with how you two relate to each other. Just thought I would let you know about that.

I wish that everything went well and you are doing ok, I know you are having a lot of problems on the side too. I am thinking of you. :)

C

Lily said...

My thoughts are with you today as you take Penelope to the police station. Good plan to have your mom on backup, as tomorrow may be a hard day for her. These kids react to everything, not even sure what getting arrested will do to her. Hope she has counseling setup for the near future. And please remember to take care of YOU too. Watch for signs of PTSD and depression. You won't any good to her if you are not well. Sending good thoughts your way...Good luck on your interview!

Lily