Monday, March 8, 2010

Jerry Springer...

Wow, a lot has gone on the past few days.
First, the good news. I now am gainfully employed. I went in for a second interview with the Cemetery and was offered a job. I started today. I think once I get over my personal pride - this is not the career that I ever dreamed of getting into - I'll be okay. I see the value and I can see how easily it can be for families to see the value, but it will be a whole new experience for me. It's selling "arrangements" pre-need. It's minimum wage or commission, which ever is higher. It has 6 figure potential but if I work hard, I'll make at least what I use to. But today, I made $58 and after taxes and dinner at the Golden Corral with Penelope, I probably have left $22. Oh well. I went as a treat for Penelope, even though I don't believe in feeding stress, we have to make exceptions once in a while. I think today deserves exception. I was craving their salad bar and Penelope was craving their dessert bar.
So, the bad news. Papaw picked Penelope up from school and took her to the police station. I didn't get to go because of work. But for her it was more important for her to have Papaw there.. and her two dolls and baby blanket. I wish I could have been there for her. Anyway, there wasn't any fingerprinting but just a policeman filling out a multi-part form that my dad had to sign. The policeman asked Penelope some basic questioned. My dad said that he asked her, "Do you have any medical conditions?" She listed everything under the sun. "I have ADHD, anger issues, anxiety, depression...." We never talk about the term "Reactive Attachment Disorder" because I don't want her to feel labeled or limited by a diagnosis. But she knows what Concerta is for and she knows how she feels.
But the big news is the actual Charge. They are charging her with Rape. RAPE! This is the charge chosen to force Children Services to monitor her treatment. So, I am going to have to figure out some way to get her representation because this is BS. I did try to contact the CPS Investigator we had but she won't call me back. It's total BS. I'm going to work my way up the command because their job is to help children. I think with Penelope's history and the treatment she is getting, we are on the right track. I don't care about being monitored by CPS even though I don't think it's necessary. I get that the police can't just take my word for it but I think that my history with Penelope shows that I have done everything to get Penelope the treatment she needs. I'm not going to stop. I wonder if I can get CPS to agree to have an open case if the charges would be dropped. To me that would be ideal. That's what they want.
Penelope found out from Papaw how I'm going to get an attorney and knows I'm pissed about the Rape charge. I told her if they were filing charges to punish her, I'd be okay with that. She asked me why. I said "Because you broke the law and did a very bad thing." But this isn't why they are charging her. They know she is sick. They know she has been abused. They know that this is a child that needs help.
I am not trying to downplay what she did or not have her be responsible for her actions. She has been dealing with that since the day it happened. Her cousins show zero problems from what happened. They are happy and miss Penelope. That doesn't mean that something couldn't come up but it really doesn't seem like it. I want to prevent Penelope from doing anything like what she did again. We have put in place changes necessary to keep her always monitored. We are getting her the treatment she needs.
Okay, so here is the Jerry Springer part. So, my last post talked about George being in the hospital. He is still there. He has potentially going to go home today. Now it's Wednesday. They have to regulate his medication first. He has lost a total of 30 lbs of water from Wednesday not to Saturday. They doctor said he will probably lose another 50 lbs of water. 80 lbs of water! The doctor thinks he has Obstructive Sleep Apnea which caused his congestive heart failure. So he needs to have a sleep study so he can get a breathing mask at night. And then also get a stomach bi-pass.
He talked to his wrongful termination attorney today and now he is saying that due to being terminated, he lost his insurance coverage and he couldn't afford COBRA so he wasn't taking his meds. He started feeling bad and knew he'd end up in the hospital and decided to elect COBRA before his time was because he knew that was the cheaper decision. The thing is, I've asked him several times before and after he was admitted, if he has been taking his meds regularly. He always said he did. Now he is saying he didn't. I even asked him on Friday if the doctors knew what triggered it and he said no. So now he is going to use his circumstance to build up his case.
But see, that's still not all the Jerry Springer Show. Last night, it came to my twin brother's attention that George was having some chick living with him and that she has been living there and driving his car around while he is in the hospital. That this chick is wanted or something. We found out her story was that she was living with her boyfriend and her 18 mo. old. They got into a fight and the boyfriend wanted to end the relationship. She took his gun and threatened to kill herself. They fought about it and she went into the hallway and discharged the gun. She fell to the ground faking like she shot herself. He called her out, because based on the type of gun, her guts would have been everywhere. He called the police. CPS was called and her 18 mo. old was taken away. She was admitted into the psych ward of a local hospital. She was released and has been living there for a couple of weeks.
She came to see George in the hospital and asked George if she could drive his truck. He gave her his keys. My twin brother's brother-in-law who knows George was driving by his house and notice the garage door open and the pickup truck gone. She had left the house completely open and he lives in a not so nice area. When it got to my dad, George claimed his friend Shane was going to pick it up to work on it. But that wasn't true. He finally admitted to the existence of this girl.
I'm not exactly sure why, but at this point everyone was looking to get back George's pickup and kick her out of the house. I agree she shouldn't be driving his car around but it's George's truck and he lent it to her. However, the house George is living in is owned by my parents so I can see them have problem with that. But regardless, George she needed to be kicked out and the pick up truck should not be driven around by this woman. She probably isn't covered by the insurance. She hadn't stayed the night in a few days but still had his truck.
Anyway, because she had the keys to the house, my dad had to break in the house through a window to retrieve her items. He left and my parents went and sat outside her work at UPS waiting for her to show up for her shift. She didn't. My dad went and spoke to her boss who told him that she had recently been fired of absenteeism. But the union got her job back. But she was a no call/no show for work today. George's friend went to the bar she likes to hang out and she was there. He tried to get the keys from her but she became combative. Then the next thing they know she called the police on them. Then, when the police arrived, she claimed her ex-boyfriend had shown up with a gun - which wasn't true. My dad talked on the phone with one of the policeman - retired cop to cop - and talked him into getting the keys from her. He did. She claims she didn't want to give them up because her stuff was at the house and she has court tomorrow and needed her things. They told her that they had her things but my dad wasn't going to hand them over without the key first. If she didn't give it to him, he was going to pitch her stuff and get the locks changed. It took someone going through her things to find the key to get her to give it up.
I had talked to George before I knew most of this but knew of the girl. I asked him "Why would you allow someone like her who is potentially dangerous stay with you?" He said he didn't know if what has been said is all true - but he stated she made all the calls. So he knows better. But he also said he wanted to help her out. That she is a nice person and has always been nice to him. I told him that serial killers know how to be nice. Everyone knows how to be nice but it doesn't make them a good person. I suspect he has a sexual relationship with her. He doesn't just help people without something in return. And after learning who this chick is, I am pretty sure he has been crushing on her and she flirts with him from what he has said. There is something there.
The thing is, I am not really that upset. I am upset how much he hurt our mom and dad for what they had to do. But otherwise, I don't really care. I mean seriously, it doesn't affect Penelope so I don't care. The really sad thing is, he is still living in this life cycle. It's been a while since he has done something this major since his house burnt down a few years ago alerting to us that he was having some guy living with him. The one who was abused and could have easily abused Penelope. Anyway, Penelope is totally protected. That was always the problems before as to why we would get so upset. Penelope. How it affected her. Not anymore.

1 comment:

Carissa said...

Congratulations on the job! That is great. I am so sorry to hear about the stupid charge. Ugh some people what they come up with. I hope everything works out in the end. Your brother sounds like he is doing and feeling better.

I hope to see some really great and happy posts soon, since you have a job now I am sure things will start looking up. :)