Thursday, June 24, 2010

Competincy Eval #2

Penelope's Competincy Follow-up Evaluation was yesterday down at the "Youth Center"/Jail. I couldn't take her to it so Papaw did. From what he told me, it went very different than the 1st one. My dad isn't a details kind of guy, at least in spoken word he isn't. So I didn't get much out of him. Not yet anyway. I plan to pepper him with questions the first chance I can, which probably won't be for a while as Penelope is ALWAYS around.

Compared to the first one , this one was much longer. It was also with a female psychologist. Penelope went in first, alone, and was in there for an hour. Then just Papaw for about half an hour. He said that the magistrate sent over a copy of the law that defines competincy which they never do and by those standards alone, she is fit to stand trial. BUT, she has a lot of "buts" to that. All related to Penelope's mental health. My dad got the impression from her that she was going to write it up that way. She was going to explain that based off the legal definition, she is fit, but there are so many other issues involved here and go into detail about it. She asked my dad "Who is leading this?" In other words, why is she being charged? He said "We guess it's the detective." She said that there is nothing that can come out of this. There isn't a jail to put her, she is too young, and this is really an issue around her mental health. She is already in therapy. There isn't anything more to do. I'm really curious what she ends up writing in her recommendations. According to the woman I talked to a couple of weeks ago, they would be sending a "Treatment Plan." Which isn't necessarily to dictate her mental health treatment but maybe it is to spell out recommendations for consequences - I don't know.

I also got the summons in the mail for the new hearing date. It's not until the middle of July. I can't wait until this is over. I hate limbo. It makes me a wreck. This is limbo for me. And I feel like a lot of other parts of my life are in limbo. Living with my parents (For how long?Where are we going to live?), my work (How/When am I going to make enough money to live on?), getting back to our community (Can we do it before school starts in 8 weeks?), okay.. that's a big one. The one that makes me sick to my stomach and feel like such a failure. I stopped at the house yesterday to pick up my mail and some things. One the way out, I passed the condo that my mom and I looked at about a month ago. All the for rent/for sale signs were gone. I started to cry. I know they aren't going to wait for me forever, but in my head, it's the Plan. Get a new job/make the one I have work and become this awesome cemetery property sales person (very unlikely), then do a lease option on this condo. It's center of our community, walking distance to school, the library, and even the high school - It's the perfect size for us with her room in the back too high to sneak out the window (I'm thinking once she gets to that snotty teenager stage). It doesn't have central air and the kitchen needs a renovation but then it also makes it affordable. It's perfect. The others around are either way more expensive or in super bad areas.
When I got in, I looked it up on the internet and it's still for sale and NOT pending. I don't know if it's pending and it's not on-line yet or not, but it gives me hope. Please God, I NEED this.

No comments: