Thursday, June 25, 2009

Therapy

We just returned from therapy a little bit ago. My dad met us at their office to participate. Penelope went with the one therapist for brain training and my dad and I went with the other to tell him how things went. We went through the events of yesterday and what happened afterward, including Penelope's video and the laptop (prior post explains). I told her what happened and what Penelope said. She definitely thinks it's related to her visit with her dad. She asked if I thought she was going to send the video to her dad. I said, "I honestly don't know but it definitely crossed my mind. She likes to look at the funny cats on youtube.com and knows their is a forum for home videos." She thinks that Penelope was sort of... competing with Debbie, the ex-stepmom, because she had seen the pictures of her and her dad on her dad's cell phone back before he gave it to her. (Not the ones I found.. "I hate George" post explains it) I didn't think of that but I can see that. Where would she get the idea otherwise??
The other therapist poked her head in to see if we were ready - they were done with brain training. She was told to put Penelope in the other therapy room and come in. She was asked how brain training went. She said that her brain waves were really elevated and she was having a hard time, definitly seems regressed.
When Penelope came in, we kept the conversation rather light and just processed the evening with her. We are going to wait a few weeks to bring up the video. She wanted to know if she was going to get to see her dad on her birthday. We told her we would think about it but probably not, too much going on that day that will have her already anxious. We don't want things to get spoiled. She seemed to understand.
But besides what we told them, she was definitly showing signs of regression, fortuntely not anger, but regression. She is back to babytalking alot. She doesn't want to do what she is told, and talk about a figgity kid! Good lord! She was bouncing her legs, her hands, the whole sofa. Anyway, she'd been like that most of the afternoon.

During the session I found out that George's therapist FINALLY called Penelope's therapist. His therapist was calling to petition on George's behalf more frequent visits with Penelope. But they finally had the talk that they should have had weeks ago and it seems she sees things better.. supposedly. I wonder how that is going to go on Monday when he has his next session. I'm sure I'm going to be chasticed because now his therapist has been brainwashed. But I'm not sure how well she was gotten through to. I'd like to learn more about their conversation. Next time I guess.

I did end up going to George's doctor's appointment this morning. Not for him but for my dad. I could barely look at him. He was trying to be all nice. My dad called him two faced, when he chewed him out for STILL talking crap about me the day before his visitation. Two faced is right.

No comments: